No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

> ARP broadcast on an
> interface, and responding to it, but it's doing that
> on both Ethernets.

I would see the logic here if this had been happening
since the beginning when I first set it up with both
interfaces on the same network.  Since it only started
happening after several months with no problems, I
have to assume some of the work I've done recently has
caused the problem.  (You know - the "Look where the
hands were last" principle.)

> Does the ARP response that's on the wrong interface
> have the hardware
> address of the wrong interface's card, or the right
> interface's card?

The two ARP responses that I get are identical except
for the source hardware address that's given.
Obviously the frame created and coming from the
external interface should not be there at all.

> Have you considered using an IP alias on the eth0
> interface to handle
> talking to both networks?  Either that or setting a
> VLAN up, if your switch
> supports it, so that one of the interfaces doesn't
> get the ARP broadcast...

The VLANs are already created, I just have to assign
the ports once I'm done with my configuration, setup
and testing.  I'm doing it this way so I can see
(sniff) both interfaces as I'm testing.

Brian