No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

Modifying Default Templates
=============================
First, open a new document and edit it until you feel it would make a good
template. This doesn't apply, of course, if you've already found a StarOffice
document which satisfies your needs.

Define the page layout (context menu Page... or under menu Format - Page...)
and modify the paragraph and text styles as well, if you wish.

Save the document with File - Save As.... Enter a name in the Save dialog and
select a folder for the document, e.g., "My Templates."

Now open the Workplace by double clicking its icon in the Explorer or on the
Desktop and then the "My Templates" folder or the folder where you saved the
templates to be used.

Select the document, which you want to use as a template -a text document in
this example- and call up its context menu.

Finally, in the context menu, select Set Default Template - Text Document.
That's all. The next time you open a new text document, it will be based on
the selected template.

Resetting Default Templates
To reset the modified text template to the original default template, proceed
as follows:

Open the StarOffice Explorer.

Open Workplace - your StarOffice drive - Office52 - share - config - new.

Select (05) Text~Document and call up the context menu.

Select the Reset Default command. If you then open a new document it will be
opened in the StarOffice default template for text documents.