No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

One important factor is if you were using hardware compression.  If so
it's more likely they're not backward compatible.  If you've used software
compression the routines are not in the hardware and you're more likely
to get backwards compatability.

Call your vendor, tell them you have a dead drive.  Tell them you want to
get a "test" to verify backward compatability before you purchase.  Many
will arrange something.

Robert

Thus spake David Willson (DLWillson at thegeek.nu):

> Does anyone know whether DAT drives are downward compatible?  For example,
> can a DDS-1 cartridge be read from and/or written to by a DDS-2 drive?
> Reason I ask:  My DDS-1 drive has failed, but I have about a hundred
> cartridges for it.  I don't want to have to replace both right away, but I
> also don't want to put money (any money) into another DDS-1 drive.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: