No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

As of 8.9, sendmail will refuse mail if the MAIL FROM: parameter has an
unresolvable domain (i.e., one that DNS, your local name service, or
special case rules in ruleset 3 cannot locate). If you want to continue
to accept such domains, e.g. because you are inside a firewall that has
only a limited view of the Internet host name space (note that you will
not be able to return mail to them unless you have some "smart host"
forwarder), use

FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')
sendmail will also refuse mail if the MAIL FROM: parameter is not fully
qualified (i.e., contains a domain as well as a user). If you want to
continue to accept such senders, use

FEATURE(`accept_unqualified_senders')

Setting the DaemonPortOptions modifier 'u' overrides the default
behavior, i.e., unqualified addresses are accepted even without this
FEATURE. If this FEATURE is not used, the DaemonPortOptions modifier 'f'
can be used to enforce fully qualified addresses.

Not sure how Suse does it, but there might be a /usr/lib/sendmail or
something that has the m4 configuration files, and it should have the
one that generated the default Suse config.  Modify that and run m4 on
it and it should produce a sendmail config that will do what you want.

Tim

P.S. - Does my email come to you all with crappy formatting?  Just
curious.  I'm stuck with this Outlook pile of crap and refuse to use it
in HTML mode.