No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

`arch' is, at its core, a collection of shell scripts and a tiny bit
of new C code.  It brings many classic shell-utils, FTP, diff, and
patch together and turns them into a distributed version control
system.  In spite of the simplicity, `arch' is not a toy: its quite
sophisticated and, in my opinion, elegant.  It captures the style of
diff/patch use that we used to use before remote-CVS took over the
world, fills in some gaps, and packages the whole deal behind a nice
(command line) user interface.  Competing RC systems are far more
complex than they need to be while still failing to provide some of
the nice features found only in `arch'.