No subject

Thu Dec 20 21:04:13 MST 2007

> Without the "SMARTHOST" lines, I get:
> Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 Dialups/open relays blocked. Contact
> <openrelay at abuse.earthlink.net>
>
> With it, I get:
> Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 rejected: cannot route to sender
> <snyderd at Popeye.SnydersWeb.com>

Read the error - cannot route to sender.  IIRC, that means that sendmail wasn't able
to resolve Popeye.SnydersWeb.com to an MX record (IP address for delivering mail).
nslookup tells me that there isn't an MX record for Popeye.SnydersWeb.com, but there
is for SnydersWeb.com.  So, if you get the to address fixed it should work.

I didn't read the original message very carefully because I don't do sendmail.  If
you continue to have trouble, you might try exim or qmail.  Both have reputations
for being reliable and easier to configure than sendmail.

HTH,
Dave