[clue-tech] Linux on firmware

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Thu Dec 20 08:37:43 MST 2007

I just got a Mio 230 the other day. It's my very first GPS navigation device.

It's neat. :)

While browsing around, I came across a page that tells you how to unlock
it, and the writer actually fixed a few issues:
http://computerbits.wordpress.com/2007/10/31/how-to-unlock-mio-c230/

It runs Windows CE core 5.

There are a lot of GPS navigation devices out there now, and I was
wondering if there was any interest in replacing the OS with something
better? Something along the lines of DD-WRT for routers.

hm. I should really get a better idea of what kind of hardware is in this
baby. Without using a screwdriver. :)