[clue-tech] Comcast Smarthost?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Dec 26 17:38:43 MST 2007

Robert L. Harris wrote:
> I've got my home domain up and running happily.  One problem though
> is mail seems to be blocked.  I've tried looking for smarthosts on
> smtp.comcast.net and mail.comcast.net but no go.  Anyone know the
> Addr of the smarthost?

I assume you're a Comcast customer.  And you're talking about outgoing
mail.  Their FAQs seem to indicate that smtp.comcast.net is the one to
use.  And that, within limits, you can send your own mail out (no
guarantee the receiving server will accept you though).  What did you
try and what happened?

http://www.comcast.com/Customers/FAQ/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2165

You can check the support pages on comcast.net.  Or you can ask their
support people.