[clue-tech] Wi-Fi router recommendations?

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Fri Feb 2 00:26:50 MST 2007

On Saturday 06 January 2007 21:33, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> The Linux crowd is partial to the WRT54G... line of wireless since they
> can run OpenWRT.  Are there any other wireless routers worth
> considering?  Either because they also can run a custom Linux install,
> or they offer better price/performance, or they have useful features
> (magic bridging, better security protocol support, etc.)?

I know I'm late on this one, but...

Snapgear has a really awesome product called the SG565. It's more for small
business or satellite offices, but I really like it. It has hardware
accelerated IPSEC and multiple ISP support. You can even fall back onto a
dialup line if you need. You can also ssh in and get a Linux prompt. Snapgear
even provides a toolchain to compile software for it if you are into that
kinda thing.

wt
--
Warren Turkal (w00t)