[clue-tech] Not even 4 weeks to installfest!

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Mon Feb 12 05:29:21 MST 2007

On 02-11 17:25, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:15:25 -0700
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>
> > Slight aside: has anyone tried out Google Calendar?
>
> It wants me to log in. Apparently, "public" means public only in the sense
> of "anyone who has a google account".

Sorry Jed I thought the public events were public and you'd need a log in
only after you tried to add it to your own calendar...guess not. It's in
beta, so I wonder if that will change.

It seems only after you log in, one can search for events on other people's
calendars that they have deemed public. Google will also gen html for an
event to make button that can be put on a page, and that's what I sent.

Anyway, I think this is interesting...possible privacy issues aside. I did
try exporting my Outlook calendar and put it in there, and have Evolution
syncing with Google now.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
http://sean-leblanc.blogspot.com/
Help me to resist temptation, Lord, especially when I know no one is looking.
(contributed by Chris Johnston)