[clue-tech] DSL providers

William wwcluetech1 at kimballstuff.com
Wed Feb 14 16:22:33 MST 2007

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> In fact, despite what a good company they are, I'm dropping frii, since I
> don't need them any longer. I can set up mailboxes at my web hosting
> service, or if I had to, use Gmail. So unless I want a usenet feed, I
> don't need an ISP any more. (And there are seperate newsfeed services
> anyway.)
>
> jed

If you really meant what you actually said here, you earned this
(otherwise, skip reading it):

<total sarcasm: on>

Huh?!  So... without an ISP... exactly how do you plan to get "Internet
Service"?  You won't have a routable IP address, dynamic or otherwise.
You won't have an Internet gateway.  This all means you won't be able to
do things like "browse the web" or use any of those other "email"
providers, etc.  So, what you're saying is, you plan to have a hot DSL
line that does ... what, exactly?

<total sarcasm: off>

Unless the nature of Internet access has changed dramatically in the
last few years, I fail to see how you'll accomplish any kind of Internet
service without an ISP; FRII or otherwise.  Please explain for my own
educational benefit.

Thanks!

believed to be clean.