[clue-tech] DSL providers

Ken MacFerrin lists at macferrin.com
Fri Feb 16 03:44:55 MST 2007

> Why do you guys make getting access to the internet so complicated by
> choosing some company that deals through another company for you? Why
> not just make things simple by choosing one of the following bigger ISPs
> which'll probably be much cheaper and support many more areas: AT&T or
> Comcast?

For me:
1) Live in the mountains.. there isn't any Comcast service here.
2) Static IP address with RDNS.
3) No ISP level port filtering.
4) A TOS & AUP policy that allows me to run my own servers.
5) No "fuzzy" bandwidth capping.
6) No ISP level traffic shaping to favor the ISP's paid services (ie:
voip) and preservation of net-neutrality.
7) Intelligent customer service.
8) Supporting a local company.