[clue-tech] DSL providers

Angelo Bertolli angelo at freeshell.org
Thu Feb 15 22:29:47 MST 2007

Hex Star wrote:
> Why do you guys make getting access to the internet so complicated by
> choosing some company that deals through another company for you? Why
> not just make things simple by choosing one of the following bigger
> ISPs which'll probably be much cheaper and support many more areas:
> AT&T or Comcast?

I believe it goes a little something like this:

1) The owners of the lines are required to provide other companies the
ability to use those lines to sell service at a fixed price.

2) The other companies compete with the owners, thus helping to drive
prices down.

3) The other companies are allowed to have different policies (for me, I
care about what ports they block).

--
Angelo Bertolli
Please remove my email address from your post when replying