[clue-tech] USB Wireless compatability

Russell Glissmann rglissma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 08:48:02 MST 2007

I'm building a kiosk sort of computer for employee use while on break, and
am planning on using Linux as the OS since I know it won't infect our
network with anything *ware.  However, there are no wired connections within
a reasonable distance, but we do have a wireless network as well.  The
machine I'm planning on using does not have a PC Card slot, but it does have
USB.  Does anyone have experience using any of the USB Wireless devices with
Linux?  Any recommendations as to adapter?  How about which Distro to use?
I was thinking of using either CentOS, Knoppix (possibly from a hard drive
install), or Fedora 5 (just happens I have the CD's on hand).  However, I'm
not set on any of these in particular if anyone has experience with other
Distros that would work better.

TIA

Russ