[clue-tech] Modern/Current SPARC Linux Distros

Richard Knechtel richard.knechtel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:48:38 MDT 2007

I'm surprised it complained. Mine came with a 9 gig IDE HD and I threw in an
old 27 GIG IDE drive and it worked without a problem. But that was Solaris
9, I haven't tried 10 yet. What you could do is mount the old solaris HD to
a Linux box (I think LInux supports Solaris file systems) and wipe the
password in the shadow file then reboot back into the drive and you should
be able to get in as root with no password. This is just a guess, I haven't
tried this with solaris myself. I know it works with Linux. :^)