[clue-tech] wireless on Ubuntu

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 20:07:12 MDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Tony McDowell <svet.am at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... with my
> 590SLI mainboard suffering from the weird "Windows tampering with the NIC"
> issue, I cannot easily dual-boot Windows and Linux on my desktop.

I'm curious about that "Window tampering with the NIC". My Gateway
GT4016 has a fairly recent nForce board, and I had a brief problem
with dual booting until the forcedeth driver caught up with the
capabilities of the NIC. As I understand it, Window was doing fairly
normal stuff with the NIC but leaving it in a state that the forcedeth
driver could not reset until the driver was updated (about 2 weeks
after I encountered the problem). Power off was the temporary
workaround. Not all problems can be blamed on Windows.

--
Collins Richey