[clue-tech] Switching to Qwest DSL soon, any suggestions?

Richard Knechtel richard.knechtel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:05:35 MDT 2007

When I had Qwest DSL (before going to cable modem) It worked just fine with
Linux. LIke you said plug in your router to the DSL modem and your off. Do
this first then boot up Linux, Linux should autoconfigure the connection -
at least it did for me. Make sure you get the mail (pop/smtp) and news
(nntp) server names/ports with those you can configure your Email/News
reader of choice and your off and running. The names should be something
like pop.mail.qwest.com, smtp.mail.qwest.com, news.qwest.com, or some
variation. Qwest used to provide 5 megs web space, don't know if they still
do or not the rep should be able to tell you for sure or look on their web
site to see wht comes with the package deal.

HTH.