[clue-tech] Switching to Qwest DSL soon, any suggestions?

Glen Newell skipworthy at realivetech.com
Tue Jun 12 09:05:56 MDT 2007

Hey Keith- not to put too fine a point on it, but all of that is crap.
You don't need MSN for ANYTHING, certainly not for the price. Qwest has
a 'bare bones' access-only plan, ask hard for that if you MUST have
qwest. And you don't need to have anything installed if you don't want
it, and I'd recommend against it: I tell all of my clients not to EVER
let a qwest or comcast tech 'install' or tell you you MUST INSTALL
anything. your dsl modem will be accessible from a browser, and if you
know how to point your router at it, you're good to go (or should be).
It's one of the greatest shames of my life as a geek that I allowed
myself to be talked into the msn isp service, which was impossible to be
divorced from until I dropped qwest completely, but I haven't looked
back since...

I highly recommend forethought.net- we get better speed for less money,
and really impressive service: I'm pretty sure they go anywhere qwest does.

Good luck...