[clue-tech] wrt54g v3 problem

Jim Ockers ockers at ockers.net
Sun Mar 4 11:55:15 MST 2007

Hi Warren (w00t),

> The DD-WRT firmware is actually much nicer in that it provides a really nice
> web interface that resembles the Linksys web interface. You can also install
> OpenWRT packages on a DD-WRT system. DD-WRT also doesn't seem suffer from
> some of the bugs (e.g. specifically some DHCP related bugs) that OpenWRT
> does.

Could you please expound on your statement that OpenWRT has some DHCP related
bugs?  I need to know more about this, like what are the bugs and what happens
and how can we fix them.

Do you have any pointers to some web pages or mailing list archives that des-
cribe the problem in more detail?

I'm using OpenWRT in an embedded industrial computer device on Linksys WRT54G
boards since it's a super cheap board with lots of power and is really easy to
make a custom firmware.  However, if there is a DHCP related bug, then I might
have a problem.

(Anyone else please chime in too!)

Thanks,
Jim