[clue-tech] wrt54g v3 problem

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Sun Mar 4 14:07:38 MST 2007

On Sunday 04 March 2007 11:55, Jim Ockers wrote:
> Could you please expound on your statement that OpenWRT has some DHCP
> related bugs?  I need to know more about this, like what are the bugs and
> what happens and how can we fix them.

I go to a coffeeshop that has a OpenWRT router. If not reset, the router will
stop giving out DHCP leases at some point (usually after a couple days). I
suspect that the DHCP server is not releasing leases when they expire. The
person who maintains the router has it set to reboot once a day to deal with
the issue.

> Do you have any pointers to some web pages or mailing list archives that
> des- cribe the problem in more detail?

Just personal experience with myself and a few friends.

> I'm using OpenWRT in an embedded industrial computer device on Linksys
> WRT54G boards since it's a super cheap board with lots of power and is
> really easy to make a custom firmware.  However, if there is a DHCP related
> bug, then I might have a problem.

I can't really confirm or deny the existence of the bug. I just know that I
have experienced it on OpenWRT and not on DD-WRT.

wt
--
Warren Turkal (w00t)