[clue-tech] Qwest DSL + Linksys WRT54G

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Wed Mar 7 10:36:51 MST 2007

Since there has been a lot of talk about the linksys, I was wondering if
anybody has had it working with Qwest/MSN in a way that you could have
the actiontec dsl modem in transparent bridging mode.  I have a cisco
678 at home with a pix behind it, so when I friend of mine asked about
setting up their actiontec and wrt54g, I haven't been a huge help to
them.  What I'm not sure of is when I throw the actiontec into bridge
mode, does it still authenticate the PPPoA information or is that
something I'll need the WRT54G to do? If so, I don't think this will
work since the linksys only seems to support PPPoE.
--

                                 -Mike Staver
                                  staver at fimble.com
                                  http://www.fimble.com