[clue-tech] Upgrading Linux in-place

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:52:01 MDT 2007

Todd

Viability of 'inplace' and iterative reboots really depends on your
disk / partition layout.

Availablility of an extra partition or drive (even better) would make
this easier.

Once you have the new OS booting on its own partition, you could then
symlink in the data / home directories as appropriate.

If your new SQL is to far ahead of the old one, it may not be able to
access the old data, but everything else should work seamlessly -

aloha,
dave