[clue-tech] Upgrading Linux in-place

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Tue Mar 20 13:26:00 MDT 2007

If you don't mind going the Fedora route, I found this page to be useful in
upgrading an old FC1 box that wouldn't work w/ the normal upgrade via
boot-from-CD.

http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Upgrading_Red_Hat_Linux_with_yum.html

Granted, this is not an officially supported way to upgrade, but it *might*
work.  I doubt you'll be able to roll back like you want, but you can test
things at each stage (i.e. 7.2->9.0, 9.0->FC1, FC1-FC2, etc.)