[clue-tech] Installfest, less than 3 days!

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 18 21:03:33 MDT 2007

Mark Cuny wrote:
> I've recently gotten my hands on a Sun 220R (I have a Sun keyboard
> and mouse, and it has a standard vga connection) and would love to
> install Linux on it (I am downloading the iso's for SPARC Debian
> 4.0).  Would you guys have room so I could install it?

Bring it, that would be cool.  The only issue I've had (with Alpha) was
that the boot loader worked differently.  aboot was actually easier than
lilo or grub (I thought) but it required reflashing the BIOS and then
configuring it to know how to boot.  But I'm sure Google knows how to
make a 220R work and there will be enough help there to get you through
whatever you need.