[clue-tech] Installfest hotwash.

Peter Kuykendall PeterKuykendall at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 10:05:15 MDT 2007

David L. Anselmi wrote:

> As for DHCP, that's what we need to use their network.  But in the ideal
> world I wish we could work with them closely enough to be able to set up
> our own server (or tweak theirs for a day).  Then we could use the net
> boot server I have.

I don't think that I'll be able to personally be at the next fest, but I
have a Belkin wireless router that I can loan to you guys for the next
fest if you think it would be useful.  It's pretty robust about
connecting to an AP and then providing real hardwired Ethernet ports for
the Linux machines to use if they are having wireless problems.  It has
its own DHCP server, NAT router, etc. which all seem to work well.  At
least that could provide network connectivity for people until they get
their wireless configurations going.

At home I use it in bridged mode with its twin to provide an Ethernet
connection to an old PC running Ubuntu Breezy that has no Wifi NIC.  If
Devry has a fast Ethernet connection but a slow Wifi connection then
using 2 of these to provide more bandwidth via our own Wifi network may
be a good option.

> Well, if the server just winds up being an ISO repository that's OK too.
>  I'll work harder to get it updated next time.

That would be really handy.  I may be able to provide an old laptop for
use as an ISO server.

Let me know if you want to borrow this stuff, and how to get it to you.

Thanks -

--

Peter Kuykendall
7659 S. Rosemary Circle

Instant Messaging:
AIM: PeterKuykendall
MSN: PeterKuykendall at hotmail.com
Yahoo: PeterKuykendall

EMAIL:
mailto: PeterKuykendall at hotmail.com

DONATE YOUR USED LAPTOP TO OVERSEAS SOLDIERS
This helps them more easily communicate with home.
We can resurrect even very old laptops!
www.helpgis.com
info at helpgis.com
(720) 506-4353