[clue-tech] Installfest hotwash.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun May 20 21:37:50 MDT 2007

Collins Richey wrote:
[...]
> I hope Jeff is tuned in. It wouldn't hurt (ie please do it) to have a
> big thank you email to the people at DeVry from CLUE President.
> Wireless problems or no, this was a great facility. Apparently the
> hardwired ports respond to DHCP which is a big advantage.

Yes, that wouldn't hurt.  I'll give Jeff the contact info.  I'll also
see what we need to add to the web page as far as sponsorship goes.

As for DHCP, that's what we need to use their network.  But in the ideal
world I wish we could work with them closely enough to be able to set up
our own server (or tweak theirs for a day).  Then we could use the net
boot server I have.

That would save us the hassle of "who has a CD I can use that works" and
of hitting the Internet hard when someone wants and ISO (and the south
network isn't fast enough for that).  And net booting is a good thing to
show people from an instructional standpoint.

Well, if the server just winds up being an ISO repository that's OK too.
  I'll work harder to get it updated next time.