[clue-tech] mp3/ogg players

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Nov 5 17:08:09 MST 2007

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 21:31:42 -0700
Collins Richey wrote:

> On 11/4/07, Jed S. Baer <cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 19:13:05 -0800 (PST)
> > Brian Gibson wrote:
> >
> > > Does the firmware software work under WINE?
> >
> > That's not the point. The point is that it doesn't quite "work with
> > Linux", and their attitude when presented with this fact.
>
> I can understand your frustration, Jed, but a harangue with people who
> have only been trained to answer Windows questions (guaranteed to be
> at least 99.3% of the queries) is not too productive.

Certainly wasn't productive for me. If they had handled themselves
better, i.e. not ignoring my support ticket for a week, and then when I
got a manager if he (she? -- who knows on chat) had apologized for their
tech dropping my ticket in the dirt, and hadn't immediately parroted the
Windoze line that I'd already responded to in the support history, I
wouldn't have gotten ticked at them.

I don't expect every grunt tech support operator to be Linux friendly.
But for an extreme contrast in support responsiveness and attitude, I was
at the same time having a conversation with Antec, and those people are
tops.

> Thanks to all who responded. I may try out the Cowon devices if I
> decide to throw any money at the problem.

If you care to try flashing mine from Windoze to see if it'll start
working again, you're welcome to it. I was debating whether to crush it
in a vise. :)

jed