[clue-tech] Declining Linux support.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Oct 1 17:30:33 MDT 2007

Keith Hellman wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 07:37:16PM -0600, David L. Anselmi wrote:
>> So I'm thinking that it's time for me to figure out hibernation for my
>> laptop.  Well, there are some article out there and basically two tool sets
>> (uswsusp and suspend2), but not much on either integrating that with
>> desktop power management or the package set for Debian.
>
> I actually did this for a new notebook (HP DV2410us) the other night.
> I've wound up using suspend2, but the uswsusp packages have some nice
> features (such as encrypting the disk image).
>
> I'm running lenny/sid, and I pretty much relied on the READMEs for the
> packages in /usr/share/doc.  In fact I'm pretty sure that's all I relied
> on.

That's good to know.  Do they talk about how KDE or Gnome interface with
suspend2?  That's the piece I'm missing.  Or maybe I'm wrong and the
desktop doesn't have anything to do with that, other than reporting the
battery status.

(Though honestly I haven't gone looking for KDE specifically.  The link
Collins posted is along the lines of stuff I had seen.  Like I said, it
won't be that hard when I jump into it, it's more the wiring together
the different pieces.)

Thanks to Nate too, for his encouragement on the blog front.  Add that
to the todo list (but rt will probably come first, so I have a todo list).