[clue-tech] Any Gentoo users in the group?

Dennis J Perkins dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Mon Sep 3 09:24:15 MDT 2007

I use LFS but I don't know if anyone else in CLUE does.

It's time consuming, so set aside some time.  Read the book first.  Most
sections are short but a few are crucial.  Then download the source and
patches that the book lists.  You might want to create a script for each
package.

Which distro will you use to build LFS?  Occasionally one will not work,
in which case you can download the LFS live CD and use that.

After LFS is built, you can build BLFS and add X.org, GNOME or KDE, etc.