[clue-tech] Off-topic: Water cooling

Ken MacFerrin lists at macferrin.com
Tue Sep 4 22:57:21 MDT 2007

Brian Gibson wrote:
> I always thought this was a pretty sexy option.
>
> http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=021
> <http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=021>
>
> They've come out with two more models since.
>
> I point out Zalman because with their air-cooled solution in combination
> with a good case
> (http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81800) and proper
> airflow, I've managed to maintain thermal stability.  I can definitely
> swear by the P180; best case I've owned by far.  I love the separate
> cooling zones.  You also want a high efficiency (80%+) PSU (I recommend
> Seasonic).

I'll second a vote for the Antec P180 case with just a decent
fan/heatsink cooler.  I switched to this case for a 3GHz P4 system that
you could have heated the house with and it cooled things down greatly.
 Not to mention, quiet as a mouse.  Just don't ever think about using it
for a portable desktop, it weighs a couple tons.