[clue-tech] Color laser printer recommendations?

Todd A. Gibson tgibson at augustcouncil.com
Thu Sep 13 13:05:45 MDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 12:34:03PM -0600, Dan Harris wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a light-duty color laser for use
> with Linux?
>
>   Speed is not very important, quality is somewhat important ( will be
> printing some sales brochures ), but most important is reliability and ease
> of integration with an Ubuntu workstation.

I have a Konica Minolta 2450.  The model number has since been
replaced by something newer.  I'm very happy with both the quality and
the speed.  My only gripe about it is that it can double-feed pages
towards the end of large jobs (e.g., 150 double-sided pages).  At any
rate, add the brand to those you are considering.  I use it as a
network printer (i.e., it has it's own IP address and is plugged into
a switch).  I haven't tried hooking it up directly to my computer.  I
print regularly to it from both Linux and Mac OS X.
-TAG