[clue-tech] should'a seen that coming...

Thu Sep 13 16:53:13 MDT 2007

I type 'sudo vipw' to change my username, the system prompts me that I
probably want to 'sudo vipw -s' to make /etc/shadow consistent
with /etc/passwd, so I do... or rather, I don't, because now my username
in one is different than in the other, so I can't authenticate any more.
Rats...  Sadly, this is a VMware Server, so I ~really~ don't want to
have to reboot to recovery mode.  Any idears?