[clue-tech] New System Configuration

Jed S. Baer cluemail-jsb at freedomsight.net
Fri Sep 21 20:36:12 MDT 2007

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:27:45 -0600
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> If the board and drives are the same (SATA, PATA, whatever).  That's
> one thing that's changed recently.

Well, most mobos have 1 IDE channel, I assume for CD/DVD drives. I have a
SATA drive now, plus a 2nd IDE, but I can stick the 2nd IDE in the USB
drive bay and pull the data. I did check for the IDE channel.

The IDE is my system drive. I assume I can boot to runlevel 3, and run
the debconf utility for reconfiguring X for the new video card, and then
start runlevel 5 and be fine. I'm not running a custom kernel, so I think
I'll be okay there too.

FWIW, the mobo:
http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0259932

jed