[clue-tech] Linux HAMs?

Ed ejy at SummitBid.com
Wed Aug 6 14:05:13 MDT 2008

Me too. A crazy TCP/IP over Ax.25 guy, that is. I discovered Linux around
'93, and then when I found out that there was going to be a "Linux for Hams"
distro based on Debian, started down the road to fanaticism. Back in the
day, I had a tnc a dual band ht, and my 486 Linux box serving web pages over
Ax.25 at something like 2400 baud I think. When I bought a dedicated data
radio I got it up to 9600 baud. Whoo hoo!

Some serious kernel and hardware hacking.

I sold all my ham gear a couple years ago, except for the Heathkit stuff I
built way back before there was such a thing as Linux. I always tell myself
I'll get back into it again when the kids are a bit older and I have a bit
more time.

Maybe I'll build up another huge HF station up on a mountain top in Alaska
and control it remotely via some ridiculous satellite link setup down here
in America.

73 de NL7FU

Ed