[clue-tech] bandwidth issues

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Sat Aug 16 11:10:43 MDT 2008

On Saturday 16 August 2008 12:28, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:50:08 -0400
>
> Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> > What options are there to limit the usage on that particular machine?
> > Something I can configure in the firewall/router?  Something else?
>
> That'll depend on what, specifically, you have running on the router.

Slackware.  :-)

> Bandwidth throttling is certainly doable. There used to be a "traffic
> shaper" thing: http://lwn.net/1998/1119/shaper.html --

Looks interesting,  but dated.  He's talking about /etc/modules.conf which on
this box is empty except for some comments.  There's an awful lot of stuff
though in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules,  but the one he's talking about there doesn't
seem to be present.

> might some IPtables modules you could use too.

Yup.  Can you point me toward any further specifics?  I can ssh to that box,
edit as necessary,  and restart the function,  no problem...

-
M Dakin