[clue-tech] Ubuntu / Epson scanner

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Fri Aug 29 09:56:03 MDT 2008

So far Ubuntu has made me as a lifelong friend.  It recognized my Epson
printer without batting an eyelash.  However, we're not there yet with
the scanner.  It sees the device but then throws a coniption fit.

On the desktop under graphics I have Xsane Image Scanner.  I attempt to
launch it an it checks then balks and says "no devices found".  In fact
if I simple plug in the USB cable the no device found comes up on its
own.  The scanner is an Epson 4490 Photo.

Any clues or suggestions?

--
Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php