[clue-tech] Ubuntu / Epson scanner

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Fri Aug 29 11:06:22 MDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 09:56:03AM -0600, Bob Meetin wrote:
> So far Ubuntu has made me as a lifelong friend.  It recognized my Epson
> printer without batting an eyelash.  However, we're not there yet with
> the scanner.  It sees the device but then throws a coniption fit.
>
> On the desktop under graphics I have Xsane Image Scanner.  I attempt to
> launch it an it checks then balks and says "no devices found".  In fact
> if I simple plug in the USB cable the no device found comes up on its
> own.  The scanner is an Epson 4490 Photo.

Your questions are answered at the following link:

For future reference, I found this by querying Google for:

  sane "epson 4490"

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
Resistance does not mean walls and fences, nonresistance does not mean open
space. If you can understand in this way, mind and matter are fundamentally