[clue-tech] FreeNX.

Tue Dec 9 21:51:02 MST 2008

Anyone know of ANY remote access applications on Linux or OSX that do
this that easily?  Just curious.  Not trolling.

Unfortunately, no, and I've looked hard.  Microsoft's RDP-based remote administration and Terminal Services are head and shoulders above everything we currently have.  I understand that NX comes close, after some hair-pulling, but I've not yet gotten through the hair-pulling part successfully.  VNC works well, but is painfully slow, and doesn't work well in unreliable networks.  Screen is perfect, but, of course, it's CLI.  We need something like it for the GUI.