[clue-tech] Comcast Docsis 3.0 rollout

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Sun Dec 28 20:48:59 MST 2008

I had heard that Denver was on the list for the new Docsis 3.0 network.
But it seems like Comcast likes to keep it a surprise to everyone. Calling
up their general support number has gotten me a variety of guesses.

So does anyone in the community know more about this? The latest guess
I've heard was January 2009.

Here's what I know about the new service:

Two new tiers:
5mbit up, 20mbit down, 63$ a month
10mbit up, 50mbit down, 150$ a month

Requires a cable modem that is Docsis 3.0 compatible.

And that's it. Oh! One thing they were able to tell me is that it would be
available at my address.

Also, I've heard that Comcast is supposed to make available a web page
that tells you how much bandwidth you've used that month. To go along with
the new 250GB per month cap. I haven't found where that is either. :-P