[clue-tech] Comcast Docsis 3.0 rollout

Mike Staver staver at fimble.com
Mon Dec 29 08:47:08 MST 2008

Ok, so here's my question - what good is the speed if it just makes you
hit your max GB limit faster? I currently use a slower DSL connection
1.5 down, 1.0 up - but I use Viawest for my ISP since they have no cap
and I get a static IP.  I'd love more speed - but if my only option is
Comcast and they are going to filter whatever they want and then put a
cap on my bandwidth usage... no thanks. I'll stick with the slower
speed. If I could get Comcast cable technology for speed, but use
Viawest for my ISP, I'd do it in a second.