[clue-tech] Comcast Docsis 3.0 rollout

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Mon Dec 29 10:00:27 MST 2008

> Ok, so here's my question - what good is the speed if it just makes you
> hit your max GB limit faster? I currently use a slower DSL connection
> 1.5 down, 1.0 up - but I use Viawest for my ISP since they have no cap
> and I get a static IP.  I'd love more speed - but if my only option is
> Comcast and they are going to filter whatever they want and then put a
> cap on my bandwidth usage... no thanks. I'll stick with the slower
> speed. If I could get Comcast cable technology for speed, but use
> Viawest for my ISP, I'd do it in a second.

I never hit my max GB limit. That's 8.5GB a day. Unless I start
fileserving from home, or start some kind of home business with a high
data transfer rate, I'll never hit that limit.

Someone made a comment that rang true with me. The only people that go
above 250GB a month are bittorrent users that don't even watch all the
movies they download.

I would be happy to have metered usage. I think it's the most fair method
of pricing.