[clue-tech] Comcast Docsis 3.0 rollout

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:53:06 MST 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 8:48 PM,  <erik at ezolan.com> wrote:

> Here's what I know about the new service:
>
> Two new tiers:
> 5mbit up, 20mbit down, 63$ a month
> 10mbit up, 50mbit down, 150$ a month
>
> Requires a cable modem that is Docsis 3.0 compatible.
>

> Also, I've heard that Comcast is supposed to make available a web page
> that tells you how much bandwidth you've used that month. To go along with
> the new 250GB per month cap. I haven't found where that is either. :-P

Don't know anything about this, but I received a letter from Comcast
stating that  the old service (4mbit down, 384 up, $52.95). inherited
from AT&T etc. will be discontinued and that my new service will be
6mbit down. 1mbit up at $54.95. Nowhere in the letter does it mention
a cap.

--
Collins Richey