[clue-tech] How can I maximize an application window when launched?

Michael Fierro miguelito at biffster.org
Sun Feb 10 18:18:02 MST 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008 04:23:53 pm Brian Gibson wrote:
> Every time I start an application I don't want to have
> to hit Alt-F5 to maximize the window.  Is there a way
> to automate this on a per-application basis (i.e., If
> X app is launched, send it an Alt-F5 key event.)?

Hey, Brian! Devilspie can probably do exactly what you need. It can be used to
set the position and size of windows, so that when you open them at a later
time, they open to the size/position you specify.

Michael Fierro                                  miguelito at biffster.org
Y! Messenger: miguelito_fierro                           AIM: mfierro1
http://biffster.org                           http://weightjournal.com
--
Woody: YOU! ARE! A! TOYYYYY! You're not the real Buzz Lightyear! You're - you
 are an action figure! You are a child's play-thing!