[clue-tech] answer to Gtk/GNOME problems

Dennis J Perkins dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Wed Jan 9 21:51:30 MST 2008

Assuming that I remember what you showed me yesterday, I think these
might help you.

1. Clicking on the Close button does nothing.

You need to connect the "destroy" signal to a signal handler.  You might
need to do this for the "delete" event too, but I'm not sure exactly
what this does.  You probably want to use the same exit routine that is
calle from the menu.

Look for the line containing g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (window),
"destroy", G_CALLBACK (destroy), NULL);

http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/c39.html#SEC-HELLOWORLD

2. You need to destroy the dialog when you are done.  This is an example
I got from the Internet.

  GtkWidget * about_dlg;
  about_dlg = create_aboutdialog ();
  gtk_dialog_run (GTK_DIALOG (about_dlg ));
  gtk_widget_destroy (about_dlg);