[clue-tech] installfest followup

Brian Gibson bwg1974 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 19:31:35 MST 2008

I've been shopping for a wireless card and remembered
that some people at the installfest were having issues
with wireless.  surprise surprise.

Anyhow, for those looking for supported wireless
hardware, here's a shortlist:

http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware

Unfortunately the list does not indicate if the
adapter is USB2.0, PCI, or whatever.  A USB2.0 adapter
is a good option for those who do not have a free
PCMCIA/miniPCI slot and their internal wireless
adapter on their laptop is not supported, which was
the situation with someone at the installfest IIRC.