[clue-tech] Ubuntu Installation

A.T. Yuhasz owl5138 at indra.com
Mon Jan 14 16:33:55 MST 2008

As some of you know, I am a complete novice where Linux is concerned.

After many failures to install Edubuntu Linux 7.10 on my old Win 98
computer, I gave up and successfully installed Xubuntu. (This is a dual-boot
configuration.)

I would like to install some of the applications that are bundled with
Edubuntu.

Is it possible to somehow extract them from the Edubuntu install disk?

The computer in question has no internet access.

I have internet access on another computer (obviously!).

Can I download applications (packages), move them to the other computer
(sneaker net)
and install them from there?

What is the easiest way?

Perhaps the next InstallFest!