[clue-tech] Ubuntu Installation

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Jan 14 22:35:11 MST 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:52:58 -0700
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> If Xubuntu doesn't have the package you want you can add the Edubuntu
> packages by putting the CD in and running "apt-cdrom add" from the
> command line.

Really? The only reason I'm a bit dubious is that with Ubuntu using Live
CD's, aren't most of the packages in the squashed filesystem image?

Using a Kubuntu CD as an example, there aren't a lot of deb files. Of
course, I don't know what a Debian package CD would look like; I just
assume it has a bunch of deb files on it.

If I were familiar with using squash via the loopback device, I'd dig
further, and perhaps I will tomorrow.