[clue-tech] Ubuntu Installation

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Jan 15 13:40:09 MST 2008

Jed S. Baer wrote:
[...]
> Well, I got the squashed FS mounted. No package files. Probably time to
> stop speculating. :)

There are some packages there, but not very many.  It looks like the
live CD installer copies the files from the squashfs so you get pretty
much everything that's there and don't need any packages (from the CD)
after that.

The alternate CD has a regular repository with about 1400 packages in it.

To get the rest off-line I guess you can mirror all 40GB of it (maybe
10GB if you can get just one architecture).