[clue-tech] Web form contact list software?

David Guntner davidg at akaMail.net
Thu Jan 17 14:21:27 MST 2008

Greg Knaddison - GVS grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2008 5:58 PM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
> > Optional functionality includes search and sort functions, export,
> > etc.

Thank you for the offer, Bob, BTW.

> The alternative to a custom form like Bob proposes is something like
> Drupal or Joomla (both were presented at the July 2007 meeting[1]
>
> It would take about an hour to set up the features you describe in
> Drupal using CCK and the core search module.
>
> Additional modules (taxonomy, views) enable additional features like
> categorizing, filtering, sorting, etc.

Between the two, Joomla would have a bit more appeal, since the web
hosting provider where I want to stick this thing makes Joomla
available to its users for automatic install.  Not that I *mind* doing
a manual install of a package, if needed - I'm just looking for the
path of least resistance at the moment. :-)

Is Joomla or Drupal better suited for what I want, in your opinion?

                  --Dave