[clue-tech] Web form contact list software?

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Jan 17 15:42:42 MST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 7:21 PM, David Guntner <davidg at akamail.net> wrote:
> Between the two, Joomla would have a bit more appeal, since the web
> hosting provider where I want to stick this thing makes Joomla
> available to its users for automatic install.  Not that I *mind* doing
> a manual install of a package, if needed - I'm just looking for the
> path of least resistance at the moment. :-)

The installation is a matter of minutes for either application.
1. Use your web panel to make a db
2. Download a tar file, extract it, upload it to your ftp serve
3. Fill in a form or two in your browser

I'd suggest doing it on a subdomain.

> Is Joomla or Drupal better suited for what I want, in your opinion?

I <3 Drupal, so it's hard for me to answer that in an unbiased manner.
 Most of the time people choose the one that they are most familiar
with or that "their friend" knows best and that's a pretty good
choice.

If you want to take this off list and send me more specific
recommendations I'd be happy to do a screencast "contact manager in 10
minutes" that would do whatever you need without writing any code.

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison